Friday, July 16, 2004

Privilege Chic


Uh-oh. Mom's in town. What to do? Where to take her?

Well, my mom's a pretty hip lady, so I usually take her to my favorite boutique-style vinyl store. She loves it! Turns out, she's totally down with the hipster lifestyle of me and my sister! Which is a good thing too, because she finances it!

I could even leave her alone for a few hours--I had to go downtown to replace my designer "haagen-daaz" purple t-shirt, cuz I dripped fish sauce on it last night at Nobu--and turns out she had a great time at the farmers' market. No one can say Mrs. Liddy Davenport doesn't know how to have a good time!

Mom, you rule!

Dad, don't think I've forgotten about you. I know you think my single-occupancy East Village duplex is kind of a dump, and that you wish I lived with my sister Tennessee on the Upper East Side, but as a part-time DJ at small New York nightclubs, it really pays for me to be closer to where the action is. So keep those checks coming, Pop. Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home