Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Reach Out and Touch Himself



Is anyone looking for further proof that Andrew Sullivan's self-love knows no bounds?

Me neither.

But still. Surely he could have ooo-ed and aww-ed over this sweet little missive and kept it to himself. But no: he has to show us how he touched the lives of these young go-getters by wrapping it up in the guise of showing us how touched he himself is that they would share how touched they've been by him, with us.

And now we're touched.

EMAIL OF THE DAY II: After a couple years of trying, myself and a classmate succesfully ressurected our school newspaper...We became so attached to this paper that, for the final semester of high school, everything we did was in some way related to producing a thought-provoking weekly. As the paper expanded and became quite popular in our college town of 30,000, my co-editor/ressurector, Hannah and I shared deep intellectual discourse on local, state and national politics...The two of us taught each other alot but I am ecstatic over one thing that has come about from our friendship: we both read your blog. I turned her on to it and she now feels that there is at least one insightful conservative who is not a religious zealot. As a token of her appreciation Hannah's graduation gift to me was - yup you guessed it - a donation to Andrewsullivan.com in my name. My first year at college will be filled with updates and special features from the Daily Dish. I hope you'll run this letter so that people out there know that honest, intellectual and respectful discourse still exists even if it is only amongst a 17 and 18 year old. Running this letter is also a terrific plug for the importance of donating to the dish." And so it is. I haven't run a pledge drive this year because I'm unsure of how long I can keep this up, but you can help keep this blog alive by donating here.
- 4:05:26 AM

(OK, I'm not that touched.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hurricane James said...

Bobo, I thought you loved this homocon. Wait, did Andrew Sullivan just say that he can't keep it up?

June 15, 2004 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Hurricane James said...

That picture is so fucking disgusting. And why aren't you posting more to my blog, www.hurricane-james.blogspot.com?

June 25, 2004 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home